Lock Solutions provide quality lock replacements across the Reading area, our professional team can assist in fitting new locks at your premises to ensure your safety and security.
Whether you’re moving into a new property and you need to change the doors locks, you need a lock repair or you simply just want a lock replacement, you have come to the right place with Lock Solutions.
What does our lock replacement in Reading cover?
Whether the lock is for your house, apartment, flat, bungalow or business premises, we can help change locks on all properties. Should you have just moved into a new property, we recommend that you change locks on your house, to guarantee your safety and security.
When changing locks at home, another reason is to abide with the standards set in your house insurance policy, to ensure you’re protected and covered should anything happen to your home.
We also offer lock repair services to fix broken and damaged locks, or a lock replacement should you require it.
Types of door lock replacements we cover
These are some of the most common door locks usually found in residential and commercial properties…
Yale locks, often referred to as ‘Nightlatch’ locks, come in a variety and include different back sets and dimensions. The standard functions of the lock include…
- Pull or slam door shutting as the door is latched lock and needs to be opened from the outside.
- On the inside the latch part of the lock is retracted by using a small lever or handle.
- Tends to be used on the front or back and other entrance doors.
The leading brands for these type of locks, as well as Yale is Ingersoll and Era.
These locks are normally fitted into the door and operated by brass or silver flag keys that have teeth on the end.
- They range in security and can have a 2 lever or 5 lever British standard.
- This type of lock is a preference by insurance companies as it means the lock has been tested against popular types of attacks for a certain period of time, which makes sure your property or premises is secure should a break in occur.
- Mortice Sash Lock – If you have handles on the lock then this type is preferred, the handles operate the latch on the lock and keeps the door shut whether it’s pushed or pulled closed.
- Mortice Deadlock – Deadlocks do not have a handle and are always operated by a key which can be opened from one of both sides.
The leading manufacturers of Mortice locks includes Union, Yale, Era, Asec and Securefast.
Euro lock cylinder
One of the more popular locks which provides a great security application. They come in a range of sizes with different security levels depending on what it is that you require. The advantages of these locks includes they have a thumbturn on the inside so leaving the property in an emergency is easily done without using a key.
These are usually found on the following doors…
- Aluminium shop front doors
- Timber multipoint door locks
- Apartment doors
- Key switches that operate roller shutters on business premises
As well as many more.
The popular brands of these locks includes Era, Yale, Asec, Evva, Union, Mu-T-Lock, Avocet/ABS, Brisant And Federal.
Door lock replacement and changing in Reading
When it comes to changing locks at home, whether it’s a standard Yale lock or a UPVC door lock replacement, our professionals are highly skilled in the area and have the necessary knowledge and tools to carry out a top quality service.
Our specialists have a wealth of experience and ensure the most efficient service as well as value for money. So whether you require a patio door lock replacement or replacement window locks, we can help. With Lock Solutions you can rest assured your lock replacements and repairs are in the right hands and will carried out quickly to ensure your safety and security. Simply contact our team today!