Is Your New Home Secure?
Whether you’re a first-time buyer or you’re simply upgrading to a larger property, then you need to consider whether it’s secure. Although your new home might look great and seem secure, do you really know if you have all the keys.
Properties have keys for everything from windows to doors and much more. However, windows and doors need to be secure. You never know who might of previously had access to your property, so it’s important to make sure that the locks are changed especially the door locks.
Many people ask why they should change the locks of their new property, but even though people might have trusted other with their keys. You don’t know who has those keys and if they can be trusted. It’s simply a case of, better to be safe than sorry. Using a professional locksmith will ensure that your locks are changed quickly and with quality locks.
For many years Lock Solutions have been changing locks for people who have moved into new properties. It isn’t only home owners though; many landlords choose to have the locks changed after tenants have moved out and before new ones move in. This is so previous tenants no longer have access to the property.
Reasons To Change Your Locks
Some of the reasons to change your lock when moving into a new property are:
- Old owners or tenants will no longer have access
- Peace of mind knowing strangers won’t have keys
- Better quality locks
- Improved security
- Can choose of the style of the lock
What To Consider Before Calling A Locksmith
Even though it might seem like you’ve moved in and the first thing you should do is call a locksmith. However, diving straight in for the call can extend the length of the whole process. There are a number of factors to consider before calling the professional in.
To quicken up the whole process it’s important to take into consider the following:
- The Amount Of Locks – You’ll need to take into consideration how many locks are needed for your property. Such as how many access doors are there? Is there an additional side door? A garage door? Is there any other type of access that will need the locks changing? Whilst counting the amount of locks that will need changing, means we’ll be more prepared when we visit your property.
- Brands – What brands are the current locks? Although many people think locks are universal not all are, so knowing the brand means we can replace it much more quickly as we’ll fit the same style lock.
- Key Holes – Is the lock built into the knob? Or is there a deal bolt? These are things that could all cause potential problems and lengthen the process of lock changing. We’ll also need to know the amount of keyhole on all type of locks or security.
- Personal Preference – You might just want the locks changing but it’s down to personal preference as to whether you want the same style locks fitting again. Also you might be interested in having additional security features fitted. Just call Lock Solutions and we’ll be happy to discuss it with you.
If you’ve just moved into a new property and you’re in need of your locks changing then simply get in touch and we’ll be more than happy to assist.